A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunlit Sunday



I'm joining My Little Home and Garden for Sunlit Sunday. http://mylittlehomeandgarden.blogspot.com/2014/01/sunlit-sunday-week-4.html





January Shadows by Balisha

As I look out my garden window... and see the woods in back..
I see a landscape without color...one of white and black.
The sun comes out for minutes... the landscape starts to glow..
The woods takes on a sparkle.. with shadows in the snow.
The wreath of wire casts a shadow... in the snow upon the ground..
The colors that I missed before.. are everywhere.. I've found.
Umbers, siennas and some grays  before my very eyes..
I thought that colors were all gone...what a nice surprise.
To see them glowing in the sun... is a pleasure now for me..
The winter landscape beautiful...is one I long to see.



19 comments:

My Little Home and Garden said...

Balisha, I enjoyed reading the poem inspired by your photo.

"The colors that I missed before.. are everywhere.. I've found."

Often, it's just a matter of paying attention and we can find the colours or beauty of life. Sunshine can help!

I'm glad you came back to Sunlit Sunday this week.

-Karen

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

i really enjoyed your poem. We all need to snatch as much sun as we can during the winter months.
I'm popping over from Sunlit Sunday.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Looks like a sculpture in the garden! Nicely done! Have a wonderful week!

Kathie said...

It's so true - sunlight in winter makes all the difference. It's a gorgeous landscape - you just have to dress for it! Happy Sunday!

CraveCute said...

What a beautiful photo and poem. They really touched my spirit today. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. Have a lovely week! ~ Diane

aspiritofsimplicity said...

It has been so cold this january I am ready for spring. I scrolled down your blog a bit and noticed your fondness for English breakfast tea and primroses. I am drinking that tea now, mine is caffeinated, and sitting on the table is a pot of purple primrose that I picked up at the market not that long ago.

Susan ~ Southern Fascinations said...

Lovely photo and touching words...thanks for sharing. Smiles...Susan

Cindy said...

Enjoying your poem as it is so well suited for where I am visiting with my daughter these week's. I look out. The dinning room window at the woods outback and think of a warmer day when we can collect the fallen trees to warm us at night. Thank you

Pamela Gordon said...

What a beautiful photo and poem, Balisha. Thanks for your visit. Have a great week.

Marlys (ThisandThat) said...

What a great picture and love the poem that goes with it. Coming over from Sunlit Sunday.

Gert said...

Lovely poem and beautiful photo! I love your outlook on life! If only we all felt that way....what a glorious world we'd live in!

Blessings,
Gert

Buttercup said...

Happily visiting from Sunlit Sunday. Really enjoyed your sunny snowy photo. Wishes for a great week!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

A beautiful winter photo and a lovely poem to go with it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comment.

Anonymous said...

How very pretty, Balisha. Beautiful photo and words.

The Furry Gnome said...

Very nice picture and poem; nice looking blog.

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

Such a beautiful picture plus poem :)

Lorrie said...

Beautiful shadows and light playing on snow. Paying attention results in seeing a lot of beauty, doesn't it?

cedarmerefarm said...

Ahhh Balisha! Both your photo and your poem are fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing your talent. Christa

Grandma Kc said...

What a beautiful picture and poem both! Glad Debra sent me over!